The short answer to finding somewhere in NJ to get a rhinoplasty revision is: anywhere you can find the right surgeon. New Jersey is, in fact, a prime location for expertise in the field of rhinoplasty revision.
As you begin your search, keep in mind that you need a true rhinoplasty specialist to perform your rhinoplasty revision properly–to get the optimal result that you want and need this time around. Give yourself time to find that person.
Narrowing the Search for Your NJ Revision Rhinoplasty Expert
Rhinoplasty revision can seem like a daunting prospect for a patient, even if you’ve decided that it is a necessary one—and even though you can’t wait for it to be over and done.
Getting started down the path can be difficult, not least because you need the best plastic surgeon for the job. There is a veritable sea of surgeons to choose from, which doesn’t make things any easier.
What’s more, since your primary rhinoplasty was disappointing, that negative experience can make you despair of ever finding a top rhinoplasty surgeon that you can trust.
Despite the hurdles in your way, be diligent and find the right surgeon here in NJ. A straightforward method is to keep track of the necessaries, like the list below, in mind.
Finding a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon You Can Trust in New Jersey
Make sure that your revision rhinoplasty specialist has these qualities and qualifications:
- Terrific reputation with the state of NJ.
- Board certification in general surgery and plastic surgery.
- At least 10 years of experience dedicated to rhinoplasty, which must include corrective rhinoplasty and reconstructive rhinoplasty.
- Dedicates a large percentage of practice to all types of rhinoplasty.
- Surgical privileges at a well-regarded hospital.
- Interest in and understanding of your goals, letting you know if they are realistically achievable.
- Communicative, explaining surgical strategy. You don’t want someone who plans to wing it. Your surgeon should be able to explain the plan to achieve your desired outcome from your secondary rhinoplasty. The more you understand about what will be happening, the more confident you will feel. There can be no execution without a plan.
- Skilled in handling surgical complications. You want a surgeon who knows what to do if anything were to go wrong. The best surgeons will prepare you for the risks of revision rhinoplasty and clearly explain the precautions and solutions. No surgeon can ever promise that there will be no complications in revision rhinoplasty surgery. An experienced surgeon knows what to do.
- Acknowledges and explains risks: Ask about your surgeon’s rate of complications. A top plastic surgeon will be comfortable discussing this with you.
- Answers all questions, making sure all your concerns are addressed.
- Clearly explains all costs.
- Upfront and straightforward: Do you sense honesty and dedication after speaking with the rhinoplasty specialist?
- Confident but not arrogant: You want a surgeon who is confident in their abilities and judgment, but who doesn’t pretend to be perfect.
- Invested in your success. Does your outcome seem important to your surgeon? You want someone who will be there for you throughout your revision rhinoplasty experience, providing supportive guidance through your recovery.
- Trust your gut and your intuition, after checking the facts.
Traveling to NJ for Revision Rhinoplasty: Is it Complicated?
Your surgeon’s staff should make it easy to travel for revision rhinoplasty if your chosen surgeon isn’t in your immediate area. Travel works well in most rhinoplasty cases because, typically, there are just a few follow-ups the first or second day after surgery–with lots of time between additional appointments. Your surgeon should be available to you by phone, at any time, to answer your questions.
At Cohen/Winters, we see patients from all across the country. For the first day or two following your surgery, you might choose to stay at a local hotel with a private nurse or relative, depending on your specific case and medical history.
Alternatively, our office can arrange a private-duty nurse and reservations at the nearby Hilton Hotel. For some insurance-covered surgeries and when a short hospital stay is needed, our office can admit patients to Hackensack University Medical Center. Some patients stay overnight at Vanguard Surgery Center, receiving care in an overnight recovery suite.
About Vanguard Surgery Center in NJ
This highly regarded surgical center is located in the 113Med building along with Cohen/Winters offices for the convenience of our patients. The surgery center offers high-tech surgical suites along with attentive medical staff.
No matter where you stay after your revision rhinoplasty, Dr. Cohen or Dr. Winters will conduct an examination before releasing you and provide recovery instructions to ensure that you are ready to go home.
Consult with a Top Rhinoplasty Surgeon
Although NJ certainly has lots of rhinoplasty surgeons, we recommend starting in Bergen County. That’s because, here at Cohen/Winters, you’ll find a wealth of expertise in revision rhinoplasty that you can access for free.
At the very least, you will come away from your consultation with a basis for comparison with others in the field, some insider information about the procedure plus valuable insights and details pertaining to your specific case.
Some patients, however, get more than that from the no-charge consultation offered at our practice. Many patients save themselves lots of time by visiting Cohen/Winters, because here they find that hard-to-pin-down “trust factor” needed when undergoing a secondary rhinoplasty.
Now is the time to discover what’s possible. At Cohen/Winters, we see aesthetic and reconstructive surgery as our tool to transform lives.