If you’re considering undergoing a tummy tuck, one of the factors that might influence your choice is the cost of the procedure. Like other plastic surgeries, tummy tuck cost should not make or break your decision. You’ll want to make sure you’re focused on finding the right surgeon for your procedure to ensure you’ll get the best results. The surgeon you select should help you understand the ins and outs of your procedure, from pricing to overall goals.
Factors that Influence Tummy Tuck Cost
Many factors play a role in the final cost of a tummy tuck. The basics include:
- Medical testing to ensure health prior to surgery
- Fees for the anesthesia (both medication and anesthetist)
- Hospital or surgery center fees
- Post-surgery garments and care products
- Prescriptions for before and after surgery
- Doctor’s fees
Although these fees can add up quickly, they shouldn’t be your only concern when choosing a tummy tuck surgeon. Many people decide to head out of town for plastic surgery, but don’t realize that this choice can end up being more costly than one would expect. After the procedure, it’s important to allow time for recovery and healing. This step is easier and more affordable in the comfort of one’s own home.
Abdominoplasty is one of the most common procedures that individuals seek out of town expertise for. This procedure has been related to numerous risks post-recovery, from bacterial infections to issues with healing and wounds. Since dealing with these complications can be costly and dangerous, it’s important to find a surgeon who knows what he or she is doing rather than being fixated on the cost of the procedure.
Knowing that a low price isn’t a criterion for a tummy tuck can help you seek a close-to-home tummy tuck doctor you can trust. You want to know that you are in good hands before, during and after the procedure.
Finding the Right Plastic Surgeon for Your Tummy Tuck
The right plastic surgeon won’t promise low costs. You won’t run into hidden fees or mystery payments. At Cohen/Winters, we offer a free initial consultation, during which you’ll receive a detailed plan that clearly delineates your expected costs. Additional factors for tummy tuck costs include:
- Complexity of your tummy tuck– How long the surgery takes will affects the tummy tuck cost. Although it may seem unfair to pay for a longer surgery, a qualified surgeon will perform the procedure efficiently and safely, saving you the cost of unnecessary repercussions in the long run.
- Credentials of your doctor– Whether or not your surgeon is board-certified will also affect the cost. Look for doctors who attended prestigious medical schools and who are affiliated with local hospitals.
- Ample prior experience– It’s important to choose a surgeon who’s experienced and known in the area for providing high-quality work. You want a surgeon who knows what he or she is doing and can provide you with the results you’re hoping for. The surgeons at Cohen/Winters have earned reputations for offering excellent patient care and providing life-changing results.
One of the primary things to look for when choosing a tummy tuck doctor in NJ is the advertised pricing. This average price tag number is hard to come by since each body is unique. The cost of a procedure can only be estimated once you have been examined with the various costs of the procedure worked out. Too often, advertised prices lure patients in and result in additional costs and unforeseen issues after the procedure takes place.
How to Select the Right Tummy Tuck Doctor in NJ
Choosing the right tummy tuck doctor also means finding someone who has a sense of aesthetics that meshes well with your own. Inexperienced surgeons may have a one-approach-fits-all technique that won’t result in the outcome you are hoping for. It’s important to ask your surgeon for before and after photos of past patients. You should note patients with similar “before” body types to your own to decide whether or not you like the results.
In most cases, insurance will not cover the cost of abdominoplasty. It’s important to understand exactly what you’re paying for ahead of time. Choosing the right surgeon and facility for your tummy tuck is more important than finding a deal on a procedure that will change your entire life.
The surgeons at Cohen/Winters have been providing high-quality care in tummy tucks for many years. Our experienced staff helps patients understand the various fees associated with tummy tuck costs, from surgical facilities and staffing to the need for aftercare products. If you have any questions about your tummy tuck cost or the cost of combined procedures, the surgeons at Cohen/Winters are more than happy to give patients an idea of what to expect financially.
Cohen/Winters works with patients every step of the way to ensure excellent results. From the quality of care to clear and direct cost outlines, the doctors and support staff at Cohen/Winters provide understandable answers to patients seeking a tummy tuck in NJ. Contact our office for more information about the procedure and costs to learn more about the benefits of using NJ-based surgeons for your tummy tuck.